Deadline for applications: 8th June 2012
Please note this scheme is for students who are graduating from Birmingham School of Media in 2012.
Have you got an idea for a media enterprise? Would you like support in developing your ideas?
The School of Media incubation scheme can help you to develop your ideas, and can help you to access other support within BCU.
Successful applicants will receive a package of support and development that will include:
- up to 12 months business accommodation (at Perry Barr)
- access to other incubation activity within BCU (including opportunities to apply for funding for your ideas)
- support for further study
- opportunities to work with academic staff as mentors
- opportunities to work with current students
- opportunities for paid work within the School of Media and the University (teaching and media production)
Placement is subject to a competitive and transparent process. Individuals and groups are invited to apply via an application form. Staff from the School of Media will then invite a shortlisted group of proposals to a pitching event before a final decision is made on providing support for the 2012-13 academic year.
Terms of Incubation
- Support is available to individuals or groups from successful completion of BA or MA programmes in 2012.
- Support will be subject to a brief review panel at 3 and 6 months to ensure that applicants are engaging with the opportunity appropriately.
- Supported projects will be expected to support learning and teaching and promotional activities within the School of Media during their incubation period.
- There are opportunities for support for international students, subject to additional processes – please email [email protected] for further information.